What is the most entertaining sport to watch?

Brandon Smith, Staff Writer

In a world full of a variety of sports, we find ourselves asking which is the best? Which is the most entertaining to watch? We asked DeMatha students what sport they find the most entertaining. Our data comes from the athletes of DeMatha from freshmen to seniors. The most popular answer is the sport that is in season right now.

Basketball – 12 votes

Junior Micheal, explains why basketball is the most entertaining to him. “I love post-season NBA. It’s more exciting, since the stakes are higher in the post season. The player are most locked-in which leads to better performaces, high scoring, a lot of runs, [and the] 4th quarter gets crazy.”

Football – 9 votes

Elijah lee, a 9th grader, says documentaries help make football the most entertaining to him. “There are a variety of players and coaches of my interest. I [watch documentaries] because it gives you a deeper background on the player and what modeled them to become who they were.”

Junior Brian Crawford says football is the most entertaining because there aren’t often low-scoring games and when there are there’s a good reason for it. “The way games are set, the [teams] aren’t supposed to blow each other out,” he says. “Most teams are pretty even and watching it makes me think that it’s fair.”

Other sports – 3 votes

Senior Reggie Jones spoke about which sport he finds most entertaining to watch. “Boxing; there is so much build up and animosity before the fight. It makes you excited to see the fight. Also, it inspires you to want to box.”