One of hottest topics currently is the debate between pro-lifers and pro-choicers. The answer to which side is right is obvious.
All one has to do is ask themselves a simple question: Do they support the murder of children? While you may hear people use different words, the meaning is all the same.
If you were to say this, you would get responses such as “You’re not killing a baby, you’re just terminating its life.” This rhetoric in itself should be a sign that abortion is wrong. The fact that people have to twist words to try to make their argument is not exactly a promising sign. Pro-choicers have to lie to themselves in order to believe in their stance.
To clear up one point immediately, less than 2% of abortions happen because of rape or incest, so for the sake of this argument, we will be talking about the other 98% of abortions, which pro-choicers seem to not want to talk about. A baby’s heartbeat starts as early as four weeks, and certain body parts begin to form even before that. Considering that most abortions happen after this point in time, it would be hard to argue that at that point it’s just a “clump of cells,” or has “about the same amount of life as a plant.”
Many people will argue that the baby cannot feel pain, so abortion really isn’t that cruel. This is another lie that people tell themselves to make themselves feel better about supporting abortion. A letter from 26 medical authorities in 1984 stated that the baby does in fact feel real physical pain during an abortion (http://www.abortionfacts.com/facts/13). This really doesn’t come as a surprise, as being sucked out of the womb limb by limb sounds pretty painful.
All of these facts will not change the views of many people. This is because one who holds a pro-choice stance has a certain lack of morals. It’s the only explanation for someone to be educated on the facts and still be pro-choice. This, combined with the fact that it isn’t cool to not want to murder babies, is what causes the majority of the nation to be pro-choice. You have weak-minded people who will blindly follow every celebrity who posts “I support planned parenthood” on their social media accounts, and will turn a blind eye to facts and science in order to believe what they want to believe.
The founder of Planned Parenthood herself, Margret Sanger, is a very controversial (evil) figure. She supported eugenics, which is why she founded Planned Parenthood. In a letter to an associate, she said, “We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.” Margret Sanger is as despicable as the organization she founded. Another quote that I found interesting is “The most merciful thing that the large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it.” The beliefs of this woman are what Planned Parenthood is founded on. Yet there are still people who support this organization. This goes back to the lack of morals that pro-choicers possess.
In conclusion, while there are many people who feel very strongly about both sides, the bottom line of the argument is this. Do you support the right of a women to dump her child in the trash can because it’s an inconvenience? Or do you support the idea that people have to take responsibility for their actions? Many women who have abortions end up feeling immense regret because they extinguished a life. Those are not the people this article is talking about. This article is for those who feel that is the right of a mother to kill another human being. And for those who will continually scream “Her body, her choice!” I have a question for you, when does the person in the womb get a choice.
To see the other side of the argument, click here: https://demathastagline.com/816/opinion/the-great-debate-the-case-for-pro-choice/