The DeMatha Stagline

The Student News Site of DeMatha Catholic High School

The DeMatha Stagline

The DeMatha Stagline

Students show off some of the awards the brought back to Hyattsville from Myrtle Beach on the 2023 Music Trip.
Music Trip 2024
April 15, 2024

Wizards Downfall during their 2023-24 Season!

The Wizards have been struggling this season, playing 17 games and only winning 3 holding them at a 3-14 record.

The team was on a 9-game losing streak before ending it against the Pistons, winning Monday’s game in Detroit. The wizards were 0-4 in the “In-Season Tournament,” placing them at the bottom of the NBA. What is the Wizard’s problem? Is it coaching? Is it the players who don’t care to play? What could it be?!

Sophomore Wizards fan Jamontae Dance-Anderson says, “I don’t know what’s going on right now. We need to change something ASAP.” He joked, “The Wizards are letting me down and making my parlays not hit.”

Senior football manager Hunter King says, “I’ve liked the Wizards for years and it’s been disappointing ever since Russell Westbrook left. I just don’t know what to do anymore man, the Wizards are straight trash this year and that’s bad.”

Back in 2020, Russell Westbrook and the Wizards beat the Pacers in the “play-in tournament” then played the 76ers in the first round of playoffs, losing the series 1-4.

Business teacher Luke Casey says, “I’ve actually been to a game this year and to see the type of performances, I just went on and left early. Why waste my time? The fans were booing. Like, that was terrible.”

Do you think the Wizards have what it takes to turn their season around? Remember, they’re 3-14 but with 65 games left! Is that enough? We’ll see!