The DeMatha Stagline

The Student News Site of DeMatha Catholic High School

The DeMatha Stagline

The DeMatha Stagline

Students show off some of the awards the brought back to Hyattsville from Myrtle Beach on the 2023 Music Trip.
Music Trip 2024
April 15, 2024

Bayern 04 Leverkusen

The Underdogs

Bayern 04 Leverkusen has shown tremendous improvement over the years, but this season is by far the best season for the team.

Bayern 04 Leverkusen is a 1st division German soccer team that has been looked at as underdogs throughout the years. This season has truly changed for the better for Bayern Leverkusen. With the help of their recently appointed head coach  Xabi Alonso, who is a former professional soccer player, they have been undefeated throughout the season so far with 19 wins, 4 draws, and 0 losses.

Bayern Leverkusen’s main objective throughout the season is to stay consistent and if they keep their current rate, they will become a bigger club than they would ever have imagined. Xabi Alonso has shown levels to the players and it has helped them develop as proper strong-minded players.

Bayern 04 Leverkusen will be one of the best teams in Europe if they’re performing like this every season. Junior Oliver King has been impressed with Bayern Leverkusen this season. “They have been looking very good, in my opinion best team in Germany right now.” If Xabi Alonso keeps up the work, Bayern 04 Leverkusen will light up and prove why they should be the best in Europe.