The DeMatha Stagline

The Student News Site of DeMatha Catholic High School

The DeMatha Stagline

The DeMatha Stagline

Interview With DeMatha Right Handed Pitcher Wesley Hall ’25

Interview With DeMatha Right Handed Pitcher Wesley Hall 25

I got the chance to interview DeMatha junior Wesley Hall in late March. Hall, looking to bounce back from an injury this season, is in a spot where he can be a leader to his teammates while also learning from them at the same time. He spent the early part of the season rehabbing as he hopes to be in the best shape for the integral end stretch of the season.

Hall last pitched in the Stags final game of the regular season, a 4-1 victory against St. Mary’s Ryken. He also hopes to be his best during the summer, where he’ll attempt to get recruited to elite college programs. Here is the interview.

Q: What are some of your own goals and team goals for the season?

A: Oen Goal: To get back stronger because I have been injured since the summer. Team Goal: to win the WCAC championship.

Q: What do you do on a day-to-day basis as a pitcher for your routine?

A: Before my throwing program I have to do bands with a shoulder tube. Then I have to follow a throwing program that tells me how far I have to throw and how many throws I have to get to.

Q: You’ve gotten off to a hot start this season as a team, how does that feel seeing success early on?

A: It’s been great but still room for improvement and no time to step off the gas because next week we play some great squads.

Q: Who’s one standout player so far that deserves some shine?

A: I would have to say Charley Magoulick because he constantly hits bombs.

Q: Being in the middle of your high school career, have you been able to learn from teammates as well as be a leader?

A: Yeah I have learned a lot from former teammates and former coaches. And I love teaching the new guys what I know.

Q: Are you looking to play baseball in college, and if so, what schools are you interested in going to as you go on college visits?

A: Yeah I definitely want to go to a college and play baseball. I missed my last summer due to injury so it was hard to get recruited, however this year I will know during the summer time where I will be going.

Q: What does the arsenal look like on the mound?

A: Four Seam, Two Seam, Slider, Changeup

Thank you and good luck to Wesley and the rest of the squad as they enter the WCAC playoffs.