The DeMatha Stagline

The Student News Site of DeMatha Catholic High School

The DeMatha Stagline

The DeMatha Stagline

Dematha Anual awards night

Music Awards ceremony 2023-2024
Mr. Landini ’01 and Mr. Bickel ’95 pose with various awards the music program has won of the years at DeMatha’s New Student Welcome in April.

This Saturday, May 11, DeMatha will hold its annual music program awards night. This prestigious event has been the staple and conclusion of DeMatha’s yearly music program since its beginning in 1970. Current music students are immensely excited to participate in this historic annual event in hopes of attaining recognition and awards based on their hard work and dedication.

Senior Chase Lopez is a proud member of the percussion band and a four-year music program member. Chase gave insight into the joys of being a member of this program and how excited he is to be invited to Music Awards Night. “I’m very excited for this event. These awards do not come easily and are very well-earned. I have been playing music for around eight years now. I started playing in middle school and kept going well into high school and now that I have reached my finale, I hope to receive an award based on all of my hard work.”

This feeling holds for most senior members of the music program. Each student has dedicated so much time and effort to perfecting their craft in hopes of being recognized on this Saturday evening.

Reuben Ezi, another senior, acknowledges the impact his music instruction has had on his DeMatha career as well as his journey as a musician. “Mr. Castrillon and Mr. Bickel specifically have helped me grow and perfect my craft while also holding me accountable enough to become the best version of myself. I am very appreciative to them for their support and hope I made them proud.”

This awards night is an opportunity for students to reflect on this last year alongside their peers. This event has been a staple of DeMatha’s music program for years and will continue this weekend.