The End of the Third Quarter at DeMatha

Alejandro Carr, Staff Writer

It feels like the school year began not that long ago. This year has flown by and now DeMatha is about to enter the fourth and final quarter of the 2021-2022 school year. In around 12 weeks, summer break will finally begin.

An important thing to remember is to not let up this quarter. While the summer may seem very close, it is vital to remember to finish strong and to give it your best effort.

The fourth quarter also may be the last chance before the summer to join clubs and activities at school. As well as joining any clubs or activities that have already existed throughout the school year, there are some new activities that have just been introduced, like the new Mock UN Club. Spring sports have also started, so if you are interested in joining or trying a new sport, perhaps trying out for one of the teams may be for you.

Sophomore Kevin Terech said that the school year feels like it went by really fast. When asked if he had any plans for the fourth quarter, he said that he wanted to focus on grades and finish the year strong. His thoughts on the school year in general were that it was a tough year coming back from online learning and there have been a lot of tests, but he is happy for the upcoming summer break.

As this school year has been the first time truly in person for many students, and also an odd year with mask mandates and other things like testing, it is important to reflect on how far we have come as a DeMatha community. Let’s get through this fourth quarter! Go Stags!