DeMatha students on their NFL teams future

Anthony Miller, Staff Writer

After 18 weeks of a crazy season full of ups and downs, crazy comebacks, crazy trades, and life changing moments that brought the whole NFL community together, it’s officially the end of the NFL regular season. It’s that time of the year that all fans, players, and teams have waited 18 weeks for: the NFL playoffs. Now that the regular season is over a lot of teams have some big decisions to make about the future of their team.

NFL fans at DeMatha were asked about how they felt about their team’s NFL season and how they feel about their team’s future and whether they took a step forward this year or a step backwards. We heard different perspectives from a Packers fan, Steelers fan, and a Ravens fan who’s teams are all in completely opposite directions about how they feel about the future of their teams.

Steve Uzomah, a senior who is a Steelers fan, responded to the question of if he feels his team is going in the right direction after this season. “I feel like the Steelers showed their true potential at the end of their season and will be Super Bowl contenders soon.” Steelers fans should feel the future is bright with their rookie Quarterback Kenny Pickett after finishing the season 9-8 just missing the playoffs.

Steelers fans may feel they are close to being a Super Bowl contender, but Packers fans feel the complete opposite. Senior Daniel Blagogee when asked about the Packers future and what direction his team went in said “Backwards due to the loss of Davante Adams we suffered early in the season with the wide receivers. They came on later on but it was a little too late. In my opinion we should move on from Aaron Rodgers and let Jordan Love start his hall of fame journey and we will be back!“

Ravens have been in the news a lot this year but not for the right reasons as it comes to them not being able to re-sign star quarterback Lamar Jackson. Ravens fan and Senior Issac McGinnis’ response when asked about how he feels about the Ravens future was “I feel like the Ravens are a drama filled team. A team where they don’t know what direction they’re going in? Are they going to sign Lamar, they just signed all pro LineBacker Roquan Smith to a 5 year 100 million dollar deal. Now they have to worry about Lamar’s contract. Their Future stands uncertain.”