The DeMatha Stagline

The Student News Site of DeMatha Catholic High School

The DeMatha Stagline

The DeMatha Stagline

Students show off some of the awards the brought back to Hyattsville from Myrtle Beach on the 2023 Music Trip.
Music Trip 2024
April 15, 2024

Senior Send-off Pep Rally on Tuesday 2/13

On February 14, DeMatha students took part in the first ever spring pep rally. This was the first time the school has participated in a spring pep rally. Previous ones had always been held in the fall for the fall sports.

The pep rally was first thought of by our SGA and was a total success. The pep rally included a three point contest, tug of war, and the finals of the 3v3 basketball tournament. SGA sophomore representative Robert Reeser said, “I think the event was a huge success and is something we plan to continue as a tradition at DeMatha. Coach Marvin brought a lot of energy to the event which fueled the students. It gave the students and especially the freshmen a way to connect with the community.”

Lavar Keys, a member of the winning 3v3 basketball squad, was excited after playing in front of the school. “It was a great experience and something I really enjoyed. It was fun being able to compete with my brothers and definitely something that everyone was pretty engaged in. You felt energy even during the qualifying rounds and O’m glad my squad was able to come up first.”

On top of this, the pep rally was used to hype up a hugely anticipated matchup between PVI vs DeMatha. Jeremiah Boyer, a member of the varsity basketball team said. “It was great to have the support from the community.”